The Velo Vercors Challenge
As 6 day cycling itinerary to give you a flavour of what rides the Vercors have to offer.
During the 6 days you will take in some of the most magnificent cliff top roads, gorges and mountain passes, including Col de Bataille, Col de Tourniol, Col de Romeyere and Col des Limouches all ridden in the Tour de France. 500kms with a total of 9000m ascent. (Mount Everest stands at 8850m/29,035'). No col-baggers, cafe and restaurant stops and endless photo opportunities, to boot!
A Typical Week
- Arriving on Saturday and if there is time a short introductory 1 hour 28km loop.
- On Sunday the real fun begins with a ride into the heart of the Vercors with a 70km ride taking in Europe's biggest and most spectacular Gorge - the Combe Lavel.
- Monday and Tuesday routes ranging from 70-120km along some of quietest, awe-inspiring cliff top roads and hairpin descents.
- The week will build to a crescendo on the Wednesday with a 163km /3399m ascent taking in the southern Provencal Drome, including the spectacular 21km switchback Col du Rousset (featured above)
- On Thursday a less taxing day with a 60-70km ride.
- Friday sees another big ride to end the week.
- Saturday departure after breakfast