Cycling Holidays with Velo Vercors
We are a specialist, owner run cycling company located in the spectacular Vercors National Park, Rhone Alps. The Vercors is home to some of the most impressive roads in France with spectacular scenery from soaring limestone cliffs, vertiginous drops to the valleys below, gorges, canyons, rivers and grassy plateaux. With little traffic, superb road surfaces and fabulous views at every turn this region is a 'hidden gem'.
We offer a personal, friendly service to make sure your discovery of this unique region is unforgettable. Velo Vercors is perfectly positioned for day rides and our extensive library of routes ranges from challenging to family friendly. Find out more on our routes page.
From our 'one stop' cycling base we offer:
- Self-catered and B&B accommodation
- Self-guided and guided rides
- An extensive library of hand chosen routes
- Training weeks
- Day Trips to Alp d’Huez and Mont Ventoux
- Bike Hire
- A friendly, social atmosphere and personal service to all levels of cyclists from individuals to groups
What to expect...
Thanks Julian Pearson, Leafstorm
We fell in love with the Vercors and surrounding region over 20 years ago when Roger signed to a local team in the nearby town of Romans-sur-Isere for the last 2 years of his 12 year International/GB cycling career. The club was also home to the Tour de France yellow Jersey holder and local boy, Charly Mottet. Although Roger is no longer with us his legacy lives on in his nephew Conor Dunne, who has signed his first pro contract with Aqua Blue Sport, Ireland's first UCI professional Continental cycling Team. Conor is a frequent visitor where he finds the terrain, tranquil roads and home comforts the perfect training base.
- Vercors Challenge Sportive feature Cyclist Magazine April 2017
- 'Big Ride' in the Vercors - Front cover and 13 page special Cyclist Magazine April 2015
- Round up of the year at Velo Vercors Cycling Active Jan 2015
- '100 Best Holidays on the Planet Sunday Times Travel 2013
- 'Best Alpine Cycling Holidays' Guardian 2012
- ''Best Holidays 2011' Sunday Times 2011
- ...A perfect location for any cycling holiday... 'Europe's best routes' Cycling weekly Oct 2010
- Featured in '50 Best Activity Holidays' Sunday Times June 2010
- Featured holiday - Irish Independent 14th Mar 2010
- Company of the week in Tips and Deals - Sunday Independent 14 Feb 2010
- Excellent Reviews on Bike Radar and Trip Advisor
- Photo credits: George Marshall, Peter Goding, Simon Hourihan
A wonderful base to explore the beautiful surrounding cols with ample opportunity to kill yourself chasing the fast boys up the hills... Roger is a fantastic guide...great hospitality thank you.
Lucy Gossage, Triathlete/ Ironman, Nottingham.