Cycling Holidays with Velo Vercors
The Vercors in the Rhone Alps is a stunning, unique region in SE France with an unrivalled diversity of terrain from cliff hanging roads, rolling countryside to flat valley roads. From thrilling rollercoaster rides through breathtaking gorges, to leisurely rides along walnut lined roads, the terrain offers something for cyclists of all abilities.
Velo Vercors is perfectly positioned in the historical town of St Jean-en-royans to provide a huge choice of day routes, directly from our doorstep. We offer a warm welcome and personal service from our self-catering cottages (gites) and B&B accommodation within a relaxed, stunning location in the historical town of St.Jean-en-Royans.
We provide many services including guided rides, routes, bike hire and transfers as well as fully supported day trips to Mont Ventoux and Alp d’Huez and cyclosportives. Most importantly, we provide all the support and advice you need to get the most out of your stay drawing on our passion and our many years experience of cycling in this region. In fact, it’s our 10th Anniversary and we are looking forward to welcoming many returning guests and helping new guests to discover this spectacular region.
From our 'one stop' cycling retreat we offer:
- Self-catered and B&B accommodation
- Self-guided and guided rides
- An extensive library of hand chosen routes
- Training weeks
- Day Trips to Alp d’Huez and Mont Ventoux
- Bike Hire
- A friendly, social atmosphere and personal service to all levels of cyclists from individuals to groups
What to expect...
Thanks Julian Pearson, Leafstorm
We fell in love with the Vercors and surrounding region over 20 years ago when Roger signed to a local team in the nearby town of Romans-sur-Isere for the last 2 years of his 12 year International/GB cycling career. The club was also home to the Tour de France yellow Jersey holder and local boy, Charly Mottet. Although Roger is no longer with us his legacy lives on in his nephew Conor Dunne, who has signed his first pro contract with Aqua Blue Sport, Ireland's first UCI professional Continental cycling Team. Conor is a frequent visitor where he finds the terrain, tranquil roads and home comforts the perfect training base.
- Vercors Challenge Sportive feature Cyclist Magazine April 2017
- 'Big Ride' in the Vercors - Front cover and 13 page special Cyclist Magazine April 2015
- Round up of the year at Velo Vercors Cycling Active Jan 2015
- '100 Best Holidays on the Planet Sunday Times Travel 2013
- 'Best Alpine Cycling Holidays' Guardian 2012
- ''Best Holidays 2011' Sunday Times 2011
- ...A perfect location for any cycling holiday... 'Europe's best routes' Cycling weekly Oct 2010
- Featured in '50 Best Activity Holidays' Sunday Times June 2010
- Featured holiday - Irish Independent 14th Mar 2010
- Company of the week in Tips and Deals - Sunday Independent 14 Feb 2010
- Excellent Reviews on Bike Radar and Trip Advisor
- Photo credits: George Marshall, Peter Goding, Simon Hourihan